Friday, April 24, 2009

You are powerful

Excerpt from Until Today by Iyanla Vanzant:

"I am willing to acknowledge … I am powerful! I am brilliant! I am the lover of my life! Of course you have power! It is an internal force contained within and moving throughout your entire being. You may not be able to see it, but it is there. Just like the toaster and the television, the only thing you need is to get plugged into your Source. There is a light within you that the world is waiting to see. This light, your light, shines so brightly that it has probably blinded you! Your vision has probably been blurred because of your own disbelief that someone like you could give so much to so many by simply being turned on about who you are and what you do. The light within you, which is powered by an invisible Source, will guide, protect and supply you with everything you need, at all times, under all circumstances.

One of the most self-loving things you can do is to let your power be seen. If you are not sure of what to do and how to do it, love the process of learning how to love and accept yourself more fully, more completely. Love the process of living. Love the ups and downs, the ins and outs. No one is expecting you to get it right the first time around, but if you set the intention to love yourself while you are learning to love, the Source of the light of love within you will give you all the power you need to keep trying until you master the art of loving.

The shift that you must make in order to use your power, to see your light and to secure the key that will open all the doors of life is to move your attention from the outside world to the inside of you. Know how to plug into your power. Learn what it is, how to keep it flowing and, most important, how to use it. Accept and acknowledge your own brilliance. Stop waiting for others to tell you how great you are! Believe it for yourself and about yourself.

Until today, you may have been experiencing darkness caused by a power outage. Just for today, turn on the light of your inner power of love!

Today I am devoted to allowing the power of love that I am to shine brilliantly"

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks, Noreen. I've needed that. Similarly to my actual laundry room flourescent light fixture, I feel like my light has been flickering lately; a disconnect somewhere. And just when it's warming up and really giving it it's all to shed some light, someone becomes irritated with the strobe effect and goes into the laundry to turn it off...

:/ ;)

(Wish I had time to get the personal peace procedure started... do I just tap? Or do I need to say something specific to myself?)

Have a glorious weekend!

Circe

Noreen Barron said...

Hi Circe,

I've just posted on the importance of being specific so read that. The to do the PPP, get a notebook and write down every specific event that you can remember that still bothers you. If you remember it, it's for a reason. Then start tapping! What I like to add is to also list the beliefs that you came to about yourself as a result of that event and tap on that too. (You'll find other specific events in your list that "Match" this belief too and it will start coming together and you'll see your patterns).

Have a great weekend you too!! ;-)

Noreen.