Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I belong

Do you feel you belong? Do you feel you have a right to be here? Do you feel worthy and deserving of having good in your life? Try the following script, please customise it for yourself.

Even though I don't feel I belong and that makes me feel ... I deeply and completely accept how I feel right now

Even though not belonging feels ... I am completely okay

Even though it hurts not to belong (to ...) I completely accept how hurt I feel

Top of the head: This hurt
Eyebrow: This emptiness
Side of the eye: This yearning
Under the eye: To ...
Under the nose: To be loved
Under the mouth: To belong
Collar bone: To feel comforted
Under the arm: To feel warmth

Top of the head: To feel sheltered in every sense
Eyebrow: To feel safe
Side of the eye: To feel okay to be who I am
Under the eye: Whoever and whatever that is
Under the nose: I have a right to be here (listen out for any objections)
Collar bone: But others ...
Under the arm: I need others' approval

Top of the head: Before I can belong
Eyebrow: Before I can feel at home
Side of the eye: Before I can feel worthy
Under the eye: Before I can feel enough
Under the nose: I need others to feel I belong
Under the mouth: I can't belong without others
Collar bone: I yearn to be loved (by ...)
Under the arm: I long to be loved (by ...)

Keep tapping until you feel a shift, or you get an insight. This a core issue so it might take a while. Be patient and kind with yourself.


That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments: