Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tail Ender Exercise

A Tail Ender is your initial (uncensored) response to a 'positive' affirmation ~ Gary Craig. Tail Enders are an excellent way to find core issues and beliefs whether an affirmation is negative or positive. Sometimes we get to a core issue and belief faster when we state the positive (whether we believe it or not) rather than the negative.

Whatever our beliefs, we have the 'evidence' to support them - 'the evidence and proof' are the specific events that occurred in your life. You took on that belief or came to that conclusion about your self, life and others as a result of a particular event. Tap on these events one by one so the corresponding beliefs collapse and dissolve.

Write down your first response to the following positive affirmations:

1. I am lovable
2. I accept myself exactly as I am
3. I deserve the best life has to offer
4. I am abundant
5. I am ready to be true to myself
5. It is safe to be me
6. It is safe to express my feelings
7. I am heard
8. I am important and I count
9. I belong
10. I trust myself

Now, list all the experiences in your life that support your true beliefs (your responses to the list) and start tapping. Just because you believe something to be true, doesn't mean it is true. You might have the belief that you are unlovable because you have lots of 'evidence' to back it up, but when you tap on those experiences, you find that belief falling away and you realise that you are in fact lovable.

No comments: