Thursday, July 25, 2019

I can't digest ...

What do you find difficult to digest, feel, experience? Are you bursting at the seams because you have so much undigested stuff inside?

Go slowly and take at least 5 minutes to yourself every day, in silence, and feel a little bit of what you find hard to feel. I know that's difficult to do but the more urgency and desperation we feel to not feel certain emotions and sensations, the more we need to slow down and feel them, it sounds counter intuitive but it really does work.

The 'it' that Ivor Browne is talking about is dissociation, that is, avoiding, numbing, checking out, and we all do it to a greater or lesser degree to protect ourselves from pain.

Try tapping on:

I find it hard to digest ...
I find it hard to feel ...
I find it difficult to experience ...
I find it difficult to accept ...
It feels like my body is bursting at the seams with symptoms
The worst symptom is ...
It makes me feel ...
Does this feeling remind me of anything or anyone?
When did I first feel this feeling? Guess if you don't know
How does this emotion feel in my body? Be as descriptive and specific as you can be here
Is avoiding this feeling helping me in the long run?
What's worse, feeling this difficult feeling or suffering the consequences of pushing it away?
What if I felt 10% (2, 5, whatever number feels manageable) of this feeling every day?




No comments: