Saturday, April 08, 2017

Tapping script for pushing through


Following on from last week's post, try this script for feeling the need to push through, sometimes at a high cost to your mental and physical health. Diagram for EFT Shortcut

Even though it’s too dangerous to stop trying, I completely accept how I feel

Even though I have to keep going because … I completely accept how I feel

Even though if I stopped trying, I fear … would happen, I completely accept this fear

Top of head: It’s not safe to stop
Eyebrow: But maybe I could take a break every now and then
Side of eye: That feels …
Under eye: I don’t trust that things will get better if I don’t keep trying
Under nose: But maybe I could try one thing at a time
Under chin: And not overwhelm myself by trying to do everything
Collar Bone: I could simplify things
Under arm: And take it easier on myself

Top of head: This urgency
Eyebrow: To get better
Side of eye: I understand it
Under eye: Because I don’t want to suffer
Under nose: But I’m suffering by struggling with too many things as well as everything else
Under Chin: I need to pare things down
Collar bone: To a manageable amount so I don’t get overwhelmed
Under arm: I’m still moving

Top of head: Just more slowly
Eyebrow: And that feels …
Side of eye: It’s ok to be kind to myself
Under eye: Or is it?
Under nose: Whose permission do I need to be kind to myself?
Under chin: Mine or someone else’s?
Collar bone: Can I get this permission?
Under arm: Because I know the value and power of kindness

Top of head: Whenever I’ve felt it
Eyebrow: It has felt good
Side of eye: Do I deserve to feel good?
Under eye: There’s no right answer here
Under nose: I can tap on however I feel
Under chin: Because it’s the truth
Collar bine: And the truth will set me free
Under arm: Even if it’s initially painful

Top of head: I know it’s more painful to live a lie
Eyebrow: I’m willing to tap on how I really feel
Side of eye: There’s huge power in honesty
Under eye: It lifts a weight from me
Under nose: And I feel freer
Under chin: To be me
Collar bone: I’m learning who I am
Under arm: And that feels …

No comments: