Image taken from Peter Levine's website: http://www.traumahealing.com/images/pptSlide01.gif
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Image taken from Peter Levine's website: http://www.traumahealing.com/images/pptSlide01.gif
Monday, April 26, 2010
Even though this ... keeps coming up, I accept how I feel
Even though I keep repeating ... maybe this pattern has a message for me
Even though I'm sick of being on this merry go round and can't seem to get off, I still accept and love myself anyway
TH I want to heal
EB I'm willing to heal
SE This pattern
UE It keeps repeating
UN And I don't know why
UC Sometimes it feels like it's there to ...
CB And that feels ...
UA I want ...
TH I'm so tired of ...
EB It won't go away
SE I'm resisting it
UE I have to
UN Because ...
UC Why is it here?
CB To punish me?
UA To prove I'm bad?
TH Maybe not
EB Maybe I'm repeating this pattern for another reason
SE To find resolution
UE For what needs to be resolved
UN Because it still hurts
UC And it needs healing
CB Maybe that's why it keeps repeating
UA How can I bring healing to this?
TH By feeling my pain
EB And not avoiding it
SE Or denying its existence
UE To become quiet
UN And pay attention
UC To what needs healing
CB To what needs resolving
UA That feels good
Friday, April 23, 2010
1. The child has a primary need from the very beginning of her life to be regarded and respected as the person she really is at any given time.
2. When we speak here of 'the person she really is at any given time,' we mean emotions, sensations, and their expression from the first day onward.
3. In an atmosphere of respect and tolerance for her feelings, the child, in the phase of separation, will be able to give up symbiosis with the mother and accomplish the steps toward individuation and autonomy.
4. If they are to furnish these prerequisites for the healthy development of their child, the parents themselves ought to have grown up in such an atmosphere. If they did, they will be able to assure the child the protection and well-being she needs to develop trust.
5. Parents who did not experience this climate as children are themselves deprived; throughout their lives they will continue to look for what their own parents could not give them at the appropriate time - the presence of a person who is completely aware of them and takes them seriously.
6. This search, of course, can never fully succeed, since it relates to a situation that belongs irrevocably to the past, namely to the time right after birth and during early childhood.
7. A person with this unsatisfied and unconscious (because repressed) need will nevertheless be compelled to attempt its gratification through substitute means, as long as she ignores her repressed life history.
8. The most efficacious objects for substitute gratification are a parent's own children. The newborn baby or small child is completely dependent on his parents, and since their caring is essential for his existence, he does all he can to avoid losing them. From the very first day onward, he will muster all his resources to this end, like a small plant that turns toward the sun in order to survive.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Five of the primary tenets upon which Dr. Diamond’s approach to positive health are:
1. The critical importance of the reduction of stress and the balancing of the concomitant emotional attitudes. Disease is seen as arising from stress that causes a general reduction in Life Energy and specific energy imbalances throughout the body.
2. The essential role of primary prevention — prevention before pathological change, either mental or physical. At this early stage the energy imbalances may be described as fluid or dynamic and readily amenable to correction. If the stress is prevented, if the mental attitudes are changed, then primary prevention will be possible.
3. The individual's responsibility for taking charge of his own health and his own way through life. In this context the role of the so-called doctor is that of teacher — to explain and to help the individual to see exactly what he is doing to lower his own healing energies. The individual has superimposed maladaptive behavioral patterns upon himself which have pulled him away from his natural, "normal" state, and he must recognize and alter them.
4. That great healing forces exist within us and in nature to enable repair to occur once the stress is reduced and the negative attitudes are corrected. It is recognized that natural methods are essential since unnatural methods often diminish Life Energy. While these unnatural methods may provide symptomatic relief, they ultimately lower the Life Energy, retard the true healing process, and ignore the stress and the attitudinal problems that are at the base of the disease patterns.
5. That most problems begin at an energy level. The first physical manifestation of imbalance within the body is at an energy level and corrections can be made at this level. On top of this are the metabolic, environmental, structural and nutritional problems that also require attention.
When a man is perfect in his own nature, body, and soul, perfect in his harmonious adaptations and action, and living in perfect harmony with nature, with his fellow-man and with God, he may be said to be in a state of Health. The broad philosophy of Life Energy enhancement includes as a goal the achievement of positive health. To assist in achieving this, one is taught the insights and understandings and the methods of preventive medicine, including nutrition, psychological insights, bioharmonics, and psychoaesthetics. Psychoaesthetics is a field of work in which Dr. Diamond has developed techniques for assessing the effects of works of art, poetry, music, architecture, craftsmanship, body movement and dance, gesture and posture on the physical, mental and emotional functioning of the individual. In addition, there are techniques for stress reduction via the aesthetic experience.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Allow your self to feel whatever it is you feel. Judging, criticising, stuffing, avoiding stops the flow and energy becomes stuck. Try this EFT script for allowing your feelings.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Friday, April 09, 2010
Even though I have this pain, I accept it with all my heart
Even though I want to avoid this pain and I do all sorts of things to distract myself from feeling it, I love and accept myself anyway
Even though this pain is painful, I completely accept how I feel
TH This pain
EB It's painful
SE It's there
UE And that's okay
UN No, it's not
UC It's there whether I like it or not
CB I'm paying attention
UA To the pain
TH It's changing
EB It feels softer
SE It's moving
UE That's interesting
UN I'll watch where it goes and what it does
UC I'm paying attention to this pain
CB And it feels okay to do that
UA I'm observing this pain
TH This pain still feels hard
EB That's okay
SE I'm still watching and listening for what it wants to do next
UE This ... pain
UN It feels ...
UC I'm still observing this pain
CB And whatever it is doing
UA I'm still listening ...
TH It feels like I have to resist this pain
EB Because ...
SE I accept how I feel about that
UE I accept how I feel about this pain
UN I feel the way I feel
UC I want to avoid feeling all of this pain
CB Maybe I can hear some of what it wants to say
UA And feel some of what this pain feels like, just a small bit ...
Keep tapping until you feel a shift and relief. Pay attention to what comes up as you tap.
Wednesday, April 07, 2010
Win at all costs
Open to intuition
Closed to intuition
Wants to heal
Creates authentic power
Seeks external power
Lack of integrity
Detached from outcome
Attached to outcome
Changes inner world
Rearranges outer world
List taken from Seat of the Soul Institute by Gary Zukav. Tapping diagram. Try these set up statements and repeat whatever word or phrase that feels right on all the points.
Even though I have a need to be right, I choose to have compassion for that need
Even though I can't be wrong because … I accept myself anyway
Even though I only feel in control when I control, I accept my need to control and choose to have compassion for that need
Even though I avoid pain because it's too painful, I choose to heal anyway
Even though I blame others (and myself), it's easier than looking at and feeling what is within, I choose to exercise my ability to respond in the moment instead
Even though I resist feeling fear, I choose to heal and have compassion and kindness for all my fears instead
Even though I keep falling into the trap of seeking external power, I choose authentic personal power instead
Even though I believe rearranging my outer world will give me a sense of … I choose to heal and change my inner world instead
Even though I feel attached to the outcome because … I choose to detach easily and effortlessly from the outcome, I choose to trust that all is well
Even though there is discord in my life, I choose harmony instead
Even though it feels safer to wall myself off sometimes, I choose to open my beautiful heart
Even though I feel powerless, I accept how I feel
Even though I have a need to control, I choose to cooperate with all parts of me instead
Monday, April 05, 2010
Thursday, April 01, 2010